Monday, February 25, 2008

E-cycling My Old Computer and Electronics Recycling

I finally e-cycled my old computer and monitor. It was so easy. When my newest computer was shipped, the people at Dell included an e-cycle kit that included several packing slips with pre printed labels and straight forward information about how to pack up my old computer. All I had to do (okay, all my assistant had to do) was pack it up and then go online to arrange a pick up time with DHL. Dell paid for the shipping.

Luckily, I held on to my old computer boxes and their Styrofoam cushioning (my mother taught me well), but I could have used any box including the box from my new computer (which I also still have!).

Green Tip:
Electronics Recycling

Don't even think about sending your electronics to the landfill -- e-cycle them! To find a sustainable and socially just electronics recycling center near you, visit e-Steward.

No comments:

Post a Comment