Thursday, February 11, 2010

Tasty Vegan Food

As you may have read on my previous post, when I jumped into the Chesapeake Bay as part of the Chesapeake Climate Action Network’s 5th Annual Polar Bear Plunge, I was able to enjoy REALLY TASTY vegan muffins and cookies from New Leaf Vegan Society. The crowd ate it ALL up!

A week after the Plunge, I visited Sticky Fingers Bakery in Washington, DC. What a cool place! I have heard much buzz about them and then tasted a delicious brownie at the DC Green Festival back in October. I asked them to be part of the Mid-Atlantic Green Wedding Showcase on Sunday, February 21st and they will be there! I was curious to check out their café, so I went there in person on a Friday afternoon at 4:00.

You’d think on a Friday at 4:00, a BAKERY would be dead, but this place was hoppin’. Not only do they serve great-tasting sweets, they also have a variety of savory fare for breakfast, lunch or a light dinner, as well as organic coffee, hot and cold teas and other healthful beverages. In addition, they have a cute seating area where you can take advantage of their free WiFi. They are in the heart of bustling Columbia Heights and a 5 minute walk from that Metro station. So whether you need a vegan wedding cake or a catered lunch, check out their tasty, VEGAN fare.

If you are asking, “Why vegan food and what is so sustainable about it?” read my next post about why a vegan diet is better for the environment.

I just got hungry…

No comments:

Post a Comment