Thursday, May 1, 2008

Earth Day Should Be Every Day and Preserving the Earth

Last week, I went to an Earth Day rally that featured many fabulous speakers that kept me motivated to continue on my mission to make changes to the special event and meeting industries and the world in general. I then realized that these people were preaching to the choir. They don't need to sell me on anything. I'm on their band wagon! While I'm pretty darn green (some say "off the deep end green") I started to realize that I need to invite my friends who are light green and even brown to these rallies so that they can hear how critically important it is for us to start making serious changes NOW!

Our Earth is a gift to us and we need to be thankful for it, cherish it and take care of it. We have been doing a very bad job lately, just ask James Hansen from NASA, one of the speakers at last week's rally. He had very disturbing information to share with us. Essentially, we are on the road to the point of no return, but we can turn this ship around if we all get SERIOUS about changing the way we function. We need to make serious lifestyle changes NOW! Our disposable world (or should I say country?) that is all about convenience isn't good for our home we call Earth.

Make changes today and every day. Check out the tips listed under my Green Tip of the Week. Spread the word. Talk to your family and friends. Save the Earth.

Green Tip:
Preserving the Earth

The guys at Sunnyside Solar Energy put together a fabulous list of 12 Easy Things You Can Do At Home to Preserve the Earth. Read it. Do it. Share it with your friends and family. Now.

No comments:

Post a Comment